Thursday, August 9, 2007

When I Grow Up

Lately, Jefferson has been telling me that he'll do stuff when he "grows up"- which to him right now means when he goes to kindergarten. For example, he loves vienna sausages (or mini hot dogs, as he says), which he started eating when my parents lived with us and my dad would be coerced into sharing with him, but now he's decided that he's not going to eat them again until he grows up. I asked him when that will be and he told me, "when I go to kindergarten." I'm not sure where he got this idea from, but it certainly is like Jefferson to come up with something like that.

So today, on our way to drop of the rest of his Kindergarten registration info, Jefferson told me that he can drive the car when he "grows up." I, of course, had to tell him that going to kindergarten doesn't make him grown up enough to drive a car, and that he has to wait until he's at least 15 to drive a car. I was somewhat surprised to not have him fight me on that. He just said "okay."

1 comment:

peter5 said...

when does he "grow up"? Brady started today and loved it. We were wondering when Jefferson starts. I am glad you are doing this, it gives us a glimpse of the boys personalities. WE miss having you close.