Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Poor Jefferson

I have to apologize to Jefferson- he inherited his klutziness from me. And just like me, he has trouble walking without tripping- especially up stairs. He came downstairs whining about something after we put him to bed and on his way back upstairs he tripped and managed to bust his lip open. He came crying to me in the family room where Nate and I were watching TV and I gave him a hug not realizing that he was bleeding (the lights were off). I realized that his teeth looked a funny color and then saw the mouthful of blood (and the blood ALL OVER my shirt). This is a picture of him the morning after he busted his lip open:

Then, the next day he tripped on the playground at school and opened back up his cut on his lip. The office called me to tell me his lip was swollen and had bled a little and they gave him some ice. I then told them that he had actually cut his lip the night before so not to worry about it being swollen. His teacher hadn't actually seen him before he fell since the fall at school happened before school started (the kindergartners play on the kindergartner playground between getting dropped off and school starting) so they didn't know he had come to school that way.

2 comments:

Audra said...

Awwww! Poor thing! My klutzy one is Lettie! She busted through her lip and needed to go to the ER 2 months ago. So, I know how you feel!

Sherrie said...

So like Emma...
I didn't notice it the other day when I saw him, it must be healing well.