Friday, May 2, 2008

Does Anyone Else's Kids Do This?

It drives me crazy. My kids love putting their foreheads on the ground and then crawl across the room with their heads pushed to the ground.
(Like this:)


I'm sure Jackson and Mason mainly do it because they've watched Jefferson do it so many times. But the result of them doing it all the time (no matter how many times I tell them to not do it) is rug-burned foreheads. Poor Mason currently looks like this, after his last forehead rubbing across the room:
(Yesterday and Today)


Jackson still has signs of his last forehead rubbing. I'm afraid that eventually their foreheads will stop healing and they will have scars!

*Edit- Jefferson has enough hair on his head that he doesn't really get the rug burns anymore. Mason doesn't even seem to know he hurt himself. He never even reacted to the rug burn. Mason's current rug burn is the worst one I've seen from this. And Shayla described it well as "bulldozing."

7 comments:

peter5 said...

Nope, never in all five kids have I had one that did that. I guess there is still time. Ha Ha that is so funny to me. sorry.

Jeanette said...

No way!! Aren't kids strange???? I am needing to call you. Sam will be starting speech therapy and group play groups in a few weeks and I want your advice. I'll try to call you next week.

Jenny said...

we have laminate floors, so maybe that's stopped them . . . kids do the funniest things.

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! Ian started doing this when Katie started walking, and it drove me CRAZY!!!! He's usually trying to "bulldoze" something when he does it, but I am thankful to say that it never did get to the point of serious rug burns.

Sherrie said...

Maybe it runs in Nates family (JUST KIDDING)Ben did it a month ago while throwing a tantrum, but I think he kearned his lesson, he did not like the result, YEAH!

The Dixon Family said...

Oh my gosh, this is the funniest thing I've ever seen. You would think that after one rugburn, they would stop. Seriously funny.

Angela Draper said...

How funny that they like to do that! You would think that a rug burn like that would hurt a bit. Silly boys :)