Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mason Is Pacifier Free!!!

Mason recently decided to ween himself from his pacifier. What a relief! Jefferson was so attached to the pacifier that he was 3 before we were successful in getting rid of it. Mason did himself a service by biting holes in the pacifiers and making them less enjoyable until he no longer saw the point in them. I'm so glad we don't have to go through the struggle again that we had with Jefferson. Hopefully now Mason will start talking more. I know that part of his speech delay was related to the plug in his mouth. Although, it's been a couple weeks and he still isn't saying much. I think I'm going to have to call Kids On The Move and get him evaluated. They worked wonders for Jackson.

2 comments:

Heather H said...

Yay for being paci free, that is great!

Jeanette said...

I loved when we weaned Sam from the pacifier. And, with her speech issues I'm glad we did not let that one drag on and on. She surprises me every time we wean her from something (nursing, bottle, pacifier, the crib); she always does much better than I expect. Now, if it will only be that way with potty training!