Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Time!

We had lots of fun for Halloween this year. We started off the season the week before Halloween by finally going to the pumpkin patch.



Then, the Saturday before we went to our local rec center for their halloween party. The boys got to go "trick-or-treating" around the track and then go through a hay bale maze. Mason took no time figuring out what was going on and quickly raced to the next person handing out candy as we went around the track. Afterwards, we headed to a diner for dinner. I was a little embarrassed as we walked in and found the place to be full of junior high and high school cheerleaders, since I was dressed like this:



Our Halloween festivities continued when we carved our pumpkins the evening before Halloween. Jefferson was big into doing as much as he could, Mason liked getting his hands in the innards, and Jackson just liked watching the process (he was done touching the pumpkins after sticking his hand inside once, as seen on his face in the picture below).



A sister in my ward has been doing a few sewing classes the last couple of months and at the beginning of October she did one to make "Trick-or-Treat" bags. I went and made these (yes, there are five- I only had intended to make 4, but I had enough leftover fabric to make one more, so I figured I might as well make another):



Halloween came and Jefferson and Jackson went off to school in their costumes (or costume #1 for Jackson):



That evening we all got ready for trick-or-treating (now Jackson is in costume #2):



The kids collected lots of candy and had lots of fun. Jackson and Mason were both nervous to go up to the houses that had "scary" decorations, but the lure of candy was enough for Mason that he still made it to the door, despite fussing a little all the way up and back. The weather forecast had said it would be a nice night, and it was, except for the rain that had been left out of the forecast. It was still warmer than last year, even with being slightly wet, so all was good. After dropping Jackson and Mason off (I was tired of pushing the stroller around), Jefferson and I went back out to hit a few more homes.

6 comments:

Heather H said...

You all sure were cute!

Tarin said...

Oksy, the pregnant cheerleader costume is the funniest thing EVER to me. You all look great!

Anonymous said...

I want to know where you got your pattern for your Halloween bags--they are dang cute! I'm into bags because they're easy to store instead of those plastic pumpkins. I bought some cheap bags that Jonah managed to thrash one this year. So I'm looking for something better.

Jeanette said...

All your costumes are great! I love the trick-or-treat bags. And, I noticed Mason has some curl to his hair...soo cute! Oh, and did you like how Pam posted a comment on your picture on facebook? I showed it to her not knowing that you had posted on the blog yet. Anyway, we all had a good laugh! I am coming up in December for my cousin's wedding before Christmas. Let's get together!

Jennifer said...

I have a post scheduled for tomorrow that shows some more views of Mason's curls (I didn't want to overwhelm with posts in one day, so I spread them out a little).
Yes, let's get together!

Sherrie said...

I still love the pregnant cheerleader thing. You crack me up. The boys all looked so cute. Leaving the picture taking in James' hands on Halloween we end up with squat. I'm going to have them re-dress up.