Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Quick Update on Jackson

Jackson has been doing much better. He hasn't had a fever since I put him to bed Tuesday night. I took him in today for a follow-up visit with his Pediatrician. Turns out he has an ear infection, and due to recent history, his doctor felt it best to get him on antibiotics rather than wait to see if the ear infection clears up on it's own. But now, he gets Tylenol or Motrin at the first sign of a fever, to reduce the chance of having another seizure. Gratefully, febrile seizures are more scary to witness than they are serious. According to the literature the hospital gave us, one in seven children have a seizure before age 6.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

glad he's doing better. hope things continue to go well. common or not, it sounds really scary. glad everyone is ok.

Sherrie said...

It's so strange how the body works sometimes! My nephew had his fever seizure when he was only a few months old and he is almost seven and doing great. I'm sure Jackson do well also!

Angela Draper said...

I'm so glad he is doing a little better. How scary that he had a seizure! I hope that never happens again and that he gets all the way better soon.

Jeanette said...

I am so glad he is doing okay. I'm sorry to hear that Jackson (and you!) had to go through that! Seizures can be very scary, but when you are informed and you learn what to do, they are less scary. I hope he continues to get better!!!

Debbie said...

So, you were my one of my roomates at Royal Crest right...good days! That was an awkward semester...my first at Ricks with my boy hair.
Anyways...glad I came across you on facebook :-)
Sorry to hear that one of your kids was sick...hope he is better all the way and stays that way.
Your boys are so precious! I like your intro...You could write a book with that.
Take Care.