Monday, September 22, 2008

Names

Okay, so Mason was hard enough for us to name. We came up with a bunch of okay names and narrowed them down to three and then when he was born it just didn't feel like any of them were right and ended up picking Mason, a name that had been on the list months before and somehow dropped off the list unintentionally. We weren't even looking for a "son" name- it just happened. So now we have this theme going and the dilemma of deciding whether to stick to it or not-

hence the poll ------>

The advantage to the theme is that we have a starting point for picking a name, since we are really at a loss (and Nate wanted a boy because it would just be easier- we already have a girl's name!). So we'll probably start with the "son" names and then if we come across a non-son name we'll add it to the list. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, my option doesn't really fit either of the options in the poll:
pick a name that means something, regardless of if it is a "son", that way the kid _can't_ feel left out because the name is important in it's own way.
(at least you have the "son" thing going instead of the same letter or sound for every kid's name...)

Jenny said...

so . . . here are some suggestions from my favorite baby name book
(the baby name wizard - it's awesome) it takes names, tells a little about them, and offers sibling name suggestions. :)

mason - spencer, logan, riley, parker, carson

jefferson - lincoln, turner, bennett, harrison, sterling

jackson - carter, mason, bennett, connor, preston

you can go to nymbler.com and enter names you like; it will suggest more like them. a nice time waster if nothing else. :)

good luck!

BrookeLynn said...

I love the -son- theme, I just wish I would have thought of it when I had my first. There are tons of -son names out there still, I like Harrison or Carson or Bronson, Bryson, Addison, Jason, Treyson, anyways, you get the point. Good Luck

Kevin said...

There were two families I knew of growing up that had name themes for every child except for one child. Jennifer, Jason, Jeff, Judy, James, Rodney. ???? I couldn't ever figure that one out. I would stick with it.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I think you should name him Williamson to go along with the rest of your sons :)!

Audra said...

Ok... I am so way behind... forgive me... I was going with a theme with my kids, Lettie, Jovie, Callie... they all end in "ie". Then Ruby was going to be Macie, but I did not like it much and she ended up deciding on her own she liked Ruby, btu I hated to spell it "ie" and people pronounce it like the word "rub" and she would have to spend her whole life contantly spelling it. So, all my girls names end in the same sound, different spellings. Looking back though I wish she had an ie name.