Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Results Are In...

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. I am FINALLY updating the blog. I know it's been awhile. There are lots of reasons I've been a slacker in updating, but I won't bore you by going into those.

I had some plans for this post that were going to be AWESOME but that was solely dependent on a specific outcome, and since that didn't work out I'll get straight to the point.

It's a BOY!

Yep, baby #4 is on the way. We've been slow to tell people this time around because I really wanted to avoid the "so are you hoping this one is a girl or do you want all boys?" question. I knew that it really didn't matter what I wanted because I had no control over it. Am I disappointed? Yes. More so than I thought I would be. When I opened the envelope (Nate's out of town on a last minute family thing) to tell Nate the results on the phone, the pregnancy hormones kicked in and made me suddenly feel so nauseous I almost threw up. I really had felt like there was a good chance this baby could be a girl because this pregnancy has been a bit different from my previous 3. For example, I started showing at least 2 months earlier than my previous pregnancies, and while I've never experienced horrible morning sickness, I have had mild nausea the entire time- longer than in the past. I also have had a lot more back pain earlier on and trouble sleeping (although there are additional factors that may be causing that). I'm also a little mad because now Nate gets to gloat about getting what he wanted (all boys) while everyone else that knew about this pregnancy and had an opinion is disappointed. I haven't told Jefferson that he's getting another brother yet because he's had his heart set on a sister. I'm leaving that up to Nate when he gets home.

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hey, buck up little camper! I know you had your heart set on it, but I don't have to remind you of all the benefits a boy will bring, like bunk beds! Now you can stay here in Lehi forever because you won't need an additional room. More hand-me-downs mean more money for pedicures for you! I think you need a girl cat...I can get my hands on a kitten if you want one.

Sherrie said...

Maybe we should have a faux mixer girl party, and get faux drunk which you can do even when you're pregnant! I'm not sure I'm making it to Heaven....

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! We're on the "not finding out" side of things. I didn't think I cared about boy or girl until Sophie came out, they announced it was a girl and I started crying.
Having a girl is hard in the sense that I don't have any idea what I'm doing with hair, etc.
I've been wondering what happened to you, here's to the rest of a (hopefully) good pregnancy and delivery.
Take care!

Jeanette said...

I know how it feels to be disappointed in something and feel weird that you are actually more so than you expected! Despite that fact that you are not having a girl, I am still exciting for you! I'm sorry that you are feeling so sick...it doesn't make things easier. My mom always said the sicker you are the stronger the baby. Another old wives tale...I just like to perpetuate the myths!

peter5 said...

hopefully nathan won't gloat much. we gave him a hard time about it. I too was very disappointed many times, so I sympathize with you. Thanks for letting Nathan go this weekend, we had fun hanging out with the siblings. The rest was stressful and sometimes really not fun.

Angela Draper said...

Congrats on the new baby! OK so I haven't been too good about checking blogs this summer, but I had no idea you were pregnant! I guess at least I found out about this one before he was a couple months old :) Even though you had your heart set on a boy, I'm sure this little guy will steal your heart and be a special member of your family. Congrats again!

Heather H said...

Oh honey I am sorry that it turned out different then you had hoped. I know that you will be such a super mommy to four little boys! And think of all the nights off you will get for Fathers and Sons and scout things. Now you and Becca can start a club!

Sally said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm sorry you have been sick and are disappointed, just think though, down the line you will have 4 cute daughter-in-laws! :) And once you see that adorable baby boy all the disappointment will go away! I felt that way when I found out Summer was a girl because I really felt like she was supposed to be my "Josh" (yes, I have a name for my next baby already...I've been wanting/waiting for Josh for 4 years!)

I am happy for you, happy for anyone having a baby!

2 + 2+1 = 5 said...

Jen....All boys was my dream! I grew up with brothers...and I am as tomboy as they come...

Imagine when I heard the doctor tell me two girls. I didn't even know what to think. I guess I do. I just thought...crap...what am I gonna do?!

I have become a lot girlier in the past year...argh!

I still dream about boys, but I imagine I will just have girls!