Saturday, September 20, 2008

We've Joined The Club

The minivan club, that is. With our fourth child on the way it was eminent that we would have to get a larger vehicle. We researched what we wanted for months (before even knowing that I was pregnant since we knew that day would eventually come) and finally settled on the Honda Odyssey as being our favorite (despite the popularity in Utah). I still kept some of the 7-8 passenger SUV's in the back of my mind being hesitant to really get a minivan, but the minivan won out.

So now we are the proud owners of a 2005 Charcoal Gray Honda Odyssey. It has all of the features we were looking for- leather seats (once you go leather, it's hard to go back), built-in DVD player, decent gas mileage (it's got Variable Cylinder Management!), low miles, and my first color choice. And a bunch we didn't know we were looking for and love- the in-floor lazy susan, a removable 8th seat, 6 CD in-dash changer, seemingly endless amounts of storage space, etc.. I'm still a little weirded out about driving a minivan around (I am a solid sedan girl) but it's great having the space for the kids to spread out so they aren't fighting as much in the car.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ahhhh, the minivan life. We will be in the sedan life for years to come, and I'm okay with that. I hear minivans handle really well. Jason wants one eventually, but I don't know. I keep eyeing the SUV's. Good thing I've got looooooots of time to think about it!

Angela Draper said...

Congrats on the minivan! We just got an odyssey on Saturday and I love it! Welcome to the club!

Jilene said...

We got an Odyssey in August and I love it. I never wanted to be the minivan driver either, but I really do like the space. Sounds like you got a really nice one. And congrats on the boy. I know it's disappointing when you *think* you are having one thing and discover it's the other. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I was wondering where you have been!

Heather H said...

Welcome to the club!! I love our van, I like being up higher then in a car and I love the room for all our stuff.

Sally said...

I miss my minivan after driving my bus for 3 years!!! Where did you get yours? I want one! And definitely leather!

Leah said...

We just bought one too!