Friday, January 25, 2008

Their first taste of sledding!

Last Friday I finally took the kids sledding. We bought a sled at Costco a couple of weeks ago and last Friday was the first good opportunity to go once we had a sled. I took them over to a park by my parent's house that has a small hill. Even though it had been snowing like crazy all morning, I had to wait for Jefferson to get home from school, and by the time I got the kids all decked out in their snow gear and got over there, the sun was out and the snow was quickly melting. Luckily the north facing hill was still decently covered and we had a great time. My dad met me at the park so that he could help out if Jackson or Mason got bored or upset and, sure enough, Mason was done with the snow as soon as one of his mittens fell off (about 5 minutes after we arrived). Jackson was surprisingly happy the entire time- until it was time to go and he didn't want to leave. He's discovered that snow is a lot more fun when it involves sledding, and sledding is very similar to another one of his loves- slides! Here are some pictures and videos:





I even took a few turns down the hill. Here's the video of me sledding that Jefferson took:

No comments: