Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

This past weekend, the kids had fun dying some eggs and hunting for them in the backyard- well, Jefferson had fun, Mason and Jackson really weren't that into it. Nate's family also has a tradition of hiding the Easter baskets, so the kids hunted for their baskets as well.

Here's our dyed eggs:

Two of the eggs started out brown, not white. Can you guess which two?

Getting ready to go hunt for their baskets and eggs:

(Once again I couldn't get them to all pose together nicely in one photo)

On the hunt (click on any pic to enlarge):

(The advantage of taking the photos- I'm not in them!)

The Easter Basket Cake I made for dessert:

(as if we didn't already have enough sweets!)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

your eggs look great!

i'm usually not in our photos, either. good and bad - i'm not crazy about seeing myself in pics, but i'd like there to be some sign that i was there. :)

Angela Draper said...

Happy Easter! It looks like you all had a wonderful day and I love your cake. Yum!

Lisa Miller said...

Hi there. Don't know if you remember me, Lisa Miller - Janna's friend in Bakersfield. She showed me your blog when I was trying to figure out how to start one. Plus I hear updates about your family all the time. Your boys are so cute. I think my Jacob and Mason are only a few weeks or so apart. I love your cake. I don't think I could do one like that. I have Janna make them for me when I want something good.

lindsey said...

cute boys... just thought i would stop and say hi... as you can see on my blog lily is crawling and has two teeth... we are in california right now while seth is on a school trip and next week we are headed to noelles house in tuscon for a few days before heading back to idaho. hope all is great...

lindsey said...

check out audra's blog... they have good news