Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Once Again We Are the House of Sick

After several days of an on-and-off cold, Jefferson started the month off with his first ear infection ever. Being a Saturday, I figured that he could tough it out with some Tylenol until Monday, and if he still felt really bad, then I would take him to the doctor (and these days, that's what they recommend anyway). All went well and he was back at school that Monday feeling all better.

Then halfway through the week, Jackson woke up during the night crying on several occasions. When we finally realized that he was pulling on his ear (also his first ear infection ever), I gave him some Tylenol and got him back to sleep for a few hours. I didn't have the heart to make him tough it out, so I took him to the doctor the following morning and got a confirmation that he did indeed have an ear infection and left with prescriptions for some ear numbing drops and antibiotics. His ear is now all better, but his cold that Jefferson passed on to him is sticking around. He has sad looking red puffy eyes that just won't go away.

The cold has also continued on to me and Mason, and Mason might also have an ear infection (far from his first) since he has woken up the past two nights crying, although since I am also sick, I haven't been able to check on him and Nate only managed to check on him last night. Poor kid.

I am starting to feel better. My fever is gone and I have most of my energy back. I mainly just have a cough and some excess mucas- although the latter, I think, is due to my coughing fits that often bring me to tears.

Here are two pics of Jackson with his puffy eyes:


And here's a picture of Mason and Jackson being silly together:
They may be sick, but that doesn't stop them from getting into stuff they are not supposed to!

3 comments:

peter5 said...

You guys need to come to the land of warmth. Come for easter!!! I am sorry you guys are sick. It is one thing to be sick yourself, but when the babies are sick, it is sad. I do like the fevers though, it makes them sleep. HA.

Jenny said...

our kids have had lots of ear infections (or else one really persistent one) lately. i'm so ready for everyone to be healthy. hope you guys get well soon.

Heather H said...

I am so sorry that you guys have the crud. Olivia and Zachary have had it too, it tried to get me but hasnt yet knock on wood. I hope you are all better soon!