Friday, March 14, 2008

Three Ducks in a Row

During Nate's busy season, when he's working 65+ hours a week and staying at the office until 8pm or later, the kids and I eat dinner with my parents on weeknights. We trade off who hosts and prepares dinner and split the cost of groceries. Last night we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. While waiting for dinner to be ready, the kids quickly found something to amuse them:


My mom says they are plant stands, but I always used them as doll chairs growing up, and a search on eBay would suggest that as well. Either way, they are the perfect size for Jackson and Mason, and while Jefferson can fit into them, he definitely is on the heavy side for the chair. Just in case you are new to my blog and don't know who's who and how old- (left to right) Mason (1.75 years), Jackson (2.75 years), and Jefferson (5.75 years)

I didn't even rearrange them so that that they would be in the same order in both shots. Jackson just decided between shots that he wanted to sit on the other side of Jefferson, so of course Mason had to move also.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

that's really cute! how nice that your parents are nearby to split dinners w/ you. dinners w/out john are always soooo lonely. luckily they don't happen very often. :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah, Nate's first busy season in 2006 (his first year in public accounting) was definitely lonely. We only had one car so I was stuck at home all day long and my parents still lived in Virginia.

Heather H said...

Those pictures are adorable!! I have no idea how you do it, Rob works a ton of hours too but I have made it clear the 5:30 to 8pm are family hours and he must be home. I am just not a good single mom!

Inspiration Station said...

Your boys are so cute in those chairs. The photo made me smile! So good to hear from you. That's cool you know the Thiriots too. Are you in UT as well? Thanks for stopping by my blog. I added you.
Mindy :)