Saturday, March 1, 2008

Catching Up

Okay, okay, I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything new. I'm sorry about that. It really was not my intention to go so long between posts. Part was laziness (but not a disinterest in blogging), part was lack of a card reader to transfer pictures onto the computer (Nate had it in his laptop backpack and I kept forgetting to grab it from him), and part was because I put a temporary time limit on my internet time so that I could catch up on some of the stuff I had fallen behind on around the house. But now I'm back. So Sherrie, this post is dedicated to you since you didn't think I would post again anytime soon- especially not only a couple hours after I talked to you about it.

As I've been trying to catch up on chores around the house, Mason thought he would help out and so he's taken to helping me unload the dishwasher. His favorite thing to do is put the silverware away, as you can see here:




Of course, he doesn't realize that he's not actually reducing my workload since I still have to go back and organize the silverware inside the drawer, but it's cute and it keeps him out of trouble elsewhere so I let him do it. Plus, I don't want to discourage him from helping out.

He was also trying to help me with the laundry. Here he is trying to climb up the washer so he could pull clothes out to put in the dryer:

It was a nice thought, but not something he can really do at this time. He's still welcome to help me put clothes INTO the washing machine though. Both Mason and Jackson enjoy helping me load the washer as long as it doesn't involve their precious monkey and dog.

2 comments:

Heather H said...

Awww, sweet helping boys! Olivia like to "help" too, Zachary just likes to hang on the dishwasher racks, so not good for the dishwasher! I am glad you are "back"!

Sherrie said...

Take advantage of the helping!! Gets him in the habit later. Thanks for the update, it's nice to see what's going on when we're all shut up in our houses during the winter.